How to Make a Professional Ribbon Bow

lantern-with-bow

Several of you asked me how I made my ribbon bows, and so I decided to share my first video with you. The video, How to make a professional ribbon bow, is my first for the blog.  It was going so well too,  until someone flushed a toilet in the background and we had to start over, so this is the re-shoot.  You may hear giggling in the background.  My videographer AKA my daughter was giggling the entire  time she was shooting this, which made it very difficult for me to concentrate. Well, here it goes.  Please don’t judge this too critically.

ribbon-bow-video

We shot this with her iPad.

If you enjoyed this post, I would love it if you left a comment. Don't get left out, please Subscribe to Cedar Hill Farmhouse by Email

Comments

1. says

Great video, I think you looked very good, and even if it did take two times to record, It was easy to follow and very instructive. And best of all, I learn how to make a ribbon bow. Thank you.

2. Donna W says

Thanks for the video. I have been looking at my wire ribbon and your video inspired me. I can finally finish my tree today!!

3. Jeannie says

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. To say that I am bow-making challenged is being kind. However, thanks to your tutorial, I may be able to master it in spite of my lack of talent. :)

4. Jan says

Yay for you Anita! Great video…and a pretty good videographer too! I had already admired all the bows in your décor! Thanks.

5. Heidi Colton says

Great job on the video! Thank you for the tutorial. Now I can use the wired ribbon I have had for 2 years. You looked and did great by the way.

6. says

I think you did very well. i do better making videos if I am by myself. You could use a camera on a tripod. I just get tongue tied if anyone is around. Thanks for the lesson and Merry Christmas

7. Peggy Thal says

Great video! Didn’t notice anything funny. You look great. Daughters are always so sweet to their Mom. Nice bow.

8. Barb Hudson says

Thank you for sharing – I did it!!! It looks wonderful. I have always made bows, kind of like that, but mine often fell apart or looked all cockeyed. I am running around the house re-making all my old ones too. And your video demo was lovely. Cheers from the west coast of Canada.

9. Susan says

Great video!!! You looked & sounded wonderful and it was very informative and your daughter did a great job capturing it all. I’ve made similar bows for years but have always used extra ribbon to tie the loops together where you use wire. I definitely have to try the wire on a few bows today!!
    Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

10. says

That was a great tutorial, Anita! You’re like a pro already! I used to make these bows back in the day before I had kids and had more time on my hands-ha! One year I actually made enough red velvet bows to decorate an entire tree. Those were the days:) Happy Holidays.

11. says

Love the video and especially your daughter giggling. I was thinking if it had been me and my daughter, she would have been stopping me, saying “Mom..No!… Start over!” LOL!

12. Rachel Machado says

Thank you so much for your tutorial! You did great and seemed very calm and the directions were very clear. I do so enjoy your blog and your decoration style is inspiration. Merry Christmas (from a very homesick American in Brazil). P.S. Despite the giggling, your daughter did a good job as well:)

13. Carol says

Hi from Lincolnshire in the UK. Lovely video and a very clear demonstration, so, well done! Happy Christmas and am looking forward to following your blog.
    Christmas Carol